Albemarle 53 Spencer Edition
Albemarle Boats and Spencer Sportfish recently formed a partnership between the two companies with the plan to build a semi-custom 53 foot Carolina boat. The companies are proud to announce that construction of the first Albemarle 53 Spencer Edition has begun at Albemarle’s Edenton, NC facility with the hull already completed.
The first 53 is a flybridge design that combines the classic Spencer styling with Albemarle quality and innovations. The hull design provides high cruise speeds with the seakeeping ability that both Albemarle and Spencer have long been known for. Her interior will boast an open salon layout, three staterooms, and two heads. An island helm arrangement, forward facing lounge, and bench seating will offer abundant seating and excellent visibility from the bridge. The massive 160 square foot cockpit will feature a transom fishbox, transom door, and a mezzanine design with engine room access and molded boxes that can be customized to accommodate a variety of storage and refrigeration.
Keith Privott, Albemarle Director of Sales and Product Development, commented on the project. “Our team is truly excited as many months of planning are now coming to life. The 53 hull will be vacuum infused with vinylester resin and foam core, making it our strongest, yet lightest design to date. The entire boat is loaded with innovative details and features that will set new standards in the world of sportfishing and allow our customers to go further and do more.”
Spencer Sportfish President, Paul Spencer, stated, “While our custom boats have gotten increasingly larger in recent years, I have always appreciated boats in the 50 foot class and recognized their true competitive tournament ability. This project is a return to our boatbuilding roots, and we are really looking forward to having this 53 footer to offer.”
Located in Edenton, NC, Albemarle Boats, The Carolina Classic, is a highly-regarded builder of offshore sportfishing boats from 25 to 41 feet. The company has hand-crafted more than 3800 hulls since 1978. Albemarle Boats has dealer locations throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
Spencer Sportfish is located in Wanchese, NC. The company is owned by Paul Spencer and family and was organized to build molded semi-custom boats. The Spencer family’s well-known Spencer Yachts was founded in 1996 and has delivered more than 120 highly customized sportfishing boats to fishing destinations around the globe.
Albemarle 53 Spencer Edition SpecificationsL.O.A. - 53'0" Beam - 16'6" Draft - 5'0" Dry weight - 60,000lbs Fuel capacity - 1,200 gallons Cockpit Size - 160 square feet Water Capaciy - 150 gallons Deadrise - 12.5 degrees Learn more about the Albemarle 53 Spencer Edition on the Albemarle website.
Albemarle 53 Spencer Edition Features
- • Ablative anti-fouling Bottom Paint (2 coats) w/ Barrier Coat Primer • Bonded and Mechanically Fastened Hull, Deck and Cockpit Liner • Bright White Awlgrip Finish in Engine Room and Lazzarette • Fiberglass Encapsulated Composite Stringer System
- • Molded Hull, Vacuum Infused Fiberglass Construction with Premium Gelcoat Finish, Vinylester Resin and Corecell foam core
- • Non-Skid Deck, Cockpit, and Flybridge • Painted High Gloss Boot Stripe (True Waterline) • Resin infused composite bulkheads • Solid Stainless Steel Sheer Molding
- • 150 Gallon Fresh Water Tank with Pressurized System • Air Conditioning with reverse cycle heat, zoned for
- climate control throughout interior • Acoustical and Thermal Engine Room Insulation • Automatic Fire Protection System • Bilge Pumps (3) with Indicator Lights, Float Switches (3),
- High-water Alarms (3) • Bronze Rudders with Stainless Steel Shafts • Bronze Struts • CNC Machined 4 Blade Nibral Propellers • Dripless Shaft Seals • Electronic Palm Beach Side-Mount, Single Lever Engine Controls • Electric Trim Tabs • Engine Alarm System • Engine Driven Emergency Bilge Pumps • Engine Hour Meters • Engine Room Ventilation System • Engine Synchronizers • Fiberglass Mufflers • Flanged Bronze Seacocks on all Through-Hulls below Water Line • Fuel/Water Separator Filters on Main Engines and Generator • Gauge for Holding and Freshwater Tanks • Holding Tank with Dockside and Overboard Pumpout • Oil Changing System for Engines, Transmissions, and Generator • Optimus Electronic Power Steering • Sea Strainers (External) • Splined 2 3⁄4“ Aquamet 22 Prop Shafts • Trolling Valves • Twin Freshwater Cooled Diesel Engines • Water Heater
- • Bench Seating (2) with Storage Below • Complete Instrumentation with LED Lighting • Drink Holders • Flush Mounted Compass with Light • Helm Panel Designed for Flush Mounted Electronics • Molded Fiberglass Helm Console with Forward Lounge • Non-Skid Surface • “Palm Beach Style Pod” Helm • Release Marine Carolina Series Helm Chairs (2) • Switch Panel with Backlight • Stainless Steel Steering Wheel • Trim Tab Switches with Indicator
- • 12 V Power Supply • 17 KW Diesel Generator, Freshwater Cooled w Remote Start & Gauge Panel • 24 V DC Electrical System • 50 A Dockside Service with 50’ Shore Power Cord • AC Electrical Distribution Panel with Digital Line Voltage
- and Load Meter and Circuit Breakers • Battery Charger –60 Amp (24 V) • Battery Paralleling • Bonded Electrical System with Transom Zinc Plate • Color-Coded Wiring System
- • DC Breaker w Uninterrupted Power to Bilge Pump and High Water Alarm • DC Electrical Distribution Panel w Digital Battery Voltage and Load Meters • Dual-Trumpet Air Horn • Electric Battery On/Off Switches, Vapor Proof • Ground Fault Receptacles in Galley, Head, Engine Room and Lazarette • Heavy-duty Marine Batteries(6) with Boxes • LED Engine Room Lights • LED Interior Lighting Throughout • LED Navigation Lights • Prewiring for Electronics at Helm • USB Outlet Receptacles Throughout
- • 50 Amp Shore Power Connection • Aluminum Plate Laminated-in for Mounting Fighting Chair • Cooler Boxes (Ready for Optional Freezer) • Engine Room Access Hatch • Fresh and Raw Water Washdown • Integrated Mezzanine Seating • LED Courtesy Lighting Under Gunwales • LED Lighting in Overhang • Live Bait Well with “Calming Blue” Gelcoat and LED Light • Scuppers for Self-Bailing • Stainless Steel Flush-mounted Rod Holders (6) • Tackle Storage • Transom Door • Transom Fishbox
- MAIN CABIN
- • Access to Bilge, Sealed • Carpeting Throughout • Chrome Finished Positive Catch Push Button Latches on All Cabinetry • Central Vacuum System • Custom Grain-matched Cabinetry with Satin Finish • Dinette with Ultra Leather Seating and Table • Electrical Distribution Panel • Headliner, Majilite • Home Theater System with HD TV, Blu-Ray, Sound
- bar with Surround Sound and Subwoofer • “L” Shaped Lounge, Converts to Berth • LED Lighting throughout Cabin • Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning/ Heat System • Solid Surface Countertops • Upholstered Ottoman, with Storage
- FORWARD MASTER STATEROOM
- • Bomar Hatch with Screen and Shade System • Carpeting • Cedar-Lined Hanging Lockers (2) • Queen Size Island Bed with 6-Inch Spring Mattress,
- Fitted Sheets, Quilted Bedspread, and Storage Below • Recessed Indirect LED Lighting • Storage Lockers • Storage Drawers
- OTHER STATEROOMS
- • Carpeting • Recessed Indirect LED Lighting • Storage Drawers • Twin Bunks with Spring Mattresses • TACKLE ROOM OPTION IN THIRD STATEROM (Rod & Tackle Storage)
- HEADS (TWO)
- • Amtico Floor • Electric Head • Exhaust Fan • LED Lighting • Medicine Cabinet & Mirror • Separate Stall Shower with Automatic Sump Pump • Solid Surface Vanity with Sink and Storage
- • Towel Bars and Toilet Paper Holders
- • Electric Cook Top, Recessed, with Cover • LED Countertop Lighting • Microwave/Convection Oven • Refrigerator/Freezer Drawers
- • Solid Surface Countertop with Sink • Storage Cabinets and Drawers • Trash Receptacle
- • Anchor Locker Hatch • Bomar Hatch with Screen and Shade • Freshwater Wash Down Spigot in Anchor Locker • Non-Skid Surface • Stainless Steel Bow, Stern and Spring Cleats • Stainless Steel Stern Hawse Pipes
- • Coast Guard Safety Kit
- POWER OPTIONS
- • Twin Caterpillar C12.9 1000 HP Diesels
- • Twin Caterpillar C18 1150 HP Diesels
Kusler Yachts has been in business since 2010 and is one of the most successful yacht brokerages in Southern California cumulating over 50 years of on-the-water experience.
For more information regarding the Albemarle 53 Spencer Edition, or any other Albemarle models, please contact the Albemarle experts at (619) 831-8330 or email direct by clicking here.